Friday, May 29, 2009

We're having a.....

Last Thursday marked 20 weeks in my pregnancy. Halfway there, unbelievable! 20 weeks is kind of a big deal because you can finally find out the sex of your baby. Which we did! We had the sonographer write it down and place it in an envelope for us to open up later.


Todd had a great idea to go to Loose Park (where he proposed almost 2 years ago, ahhh...so sentimental!) to open the envelope. Oh the suspense began to build as we opened up our little secret...


I was literally in shock when we pulled out the little picture that read GIRL!!! I had tears of surprise, excitement and joy start pouring down my cheeks.


If you couldn't tell from the pictures already, I wore blue that night because I really thought we were having a boy. Here are my reasons: 1. the Chinese lunar calendar said we were having a boy 2. I had two VERY distinct dreams that we HAD a little boy and 3. the sonographer said the baby was really hyper moving all around in my tummy and he/she had long legs. All of which meant we were having a boy because boys have long legs and because my husband is hyper and so it must be a boy. :-) Oh well, I was wrong. That's ok because it was a win-win situation. When in your life do you get such an amazing surprise where BOTH outcomes are wonderful???

4 comments:

KatieC said...

Connor can't wait to play doctor with the little one. He told me. I am slightly worried...

vwiese said...

I am thinking an arrangement marriage, are you. How would you like a son in law named Hutch??? OH, I am so happy for you guys, you are going to be wonderful parents!!! Love you both!!

Rebekah said...

Oh I'm so excited that we already have so many eligible bachelors lined up for our little girl. I don't know how Todd feels about our little girl dating, but I think it's darling!!

Unknown said...

We have 3 boys to choose from too;)
Ondee