Friday, April 6, 2012

Getting Ready for Easter

In an effort to teach my little Josie about Easter, I bought a children's book. A book in which she has had no interest in since I bought it 3 weeks ago. I don't blame her. Who wants to read a book when you can overflow the bathroom sink, color all over the dining room wall or stand watching TV two inches away from the screen?

This morning, during breakfast, I took advantage of Josie's brief attention span to read her the Easter book. As I showed her cartoon pictures of Jesus' life, I tried to explain the story in a way a two year old could understand. Keeping it simple, I told Josie that Jesus loves us, that He's our friend and that He died for us so we could live in heaven with Him someday. 

When I told Josie that Jesus loves us, she responded, in utter excitement and enchanting disbelief, as if she had won the lottery, "Jesus loves ME?" I smiled. And a sweet second question followed. Josie asked, "And Jesus loves baby brother Hank?'

Yes, my sweet little girl, Jesus loves you and your baby brother Hank. 

It's that simple.

And of course, no Easter conversation is complete without talking about the Easter Bunny. :-)

Happy Good Friday!!



No comments: