Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One Month!!

And in this corner, weighing in at 12 pounds, 5 ounces and 23 inches long at just 1 month old, we have Hank "the tank" Heitshusen!!! As you can imagine, our scores placed us in the 97th percentile except we were actually "off the charts" when it came to Hank's head size. He's a smart guy, what can I say?


And to keep with tradition, we celebrated Hank's one month birthday with a party, which included a delicious peanut butter and chocolate cupcake from Cupcake a la Mode. And what a beautiful day to celebrate a birthday. It was gorgeous and sunny, just like the day we came home from the hospital. So bizarre for January and February.

With this last month came many firsts. Our first walk through the neighborhood, first stroller ride, first trip to Chik-fil-et (which occurred on day five, despite probably our better judgement) and our first bath. Which he loved. Outside of his changing table (why? I don't know), Hank's favorite place seems to be the bathtub. He sits in the bath, arms floating, legs relaxed and just looks at us. I imagine he's saying, "So what? I'm relaxed. What of it?"
 
I, on the other hand, was NOT relaxed during his first bath. I had one mission for bath time and it was not necessarily to end up with a clean baby. My goals were to keep Josie OUT of the baby bathtub and keep Hank IN the tub with minimal water loss (onto the floor and our clothes) as possible. Overall, the mission was successful, minus the increase in my blood pressure. Hopefully the phrase, "we don't pour water on his head" will really sink in before our next bath.


Looking back over the last month, Hank spent lots of time snuggling.



With both mom and dad.


We played in big sister's room. This is sort of a "Where's Waldo?" kind of a picture. Can you find him?


Sister showed us how to play in the baby gym.


We also had lots of hand holding with Josie. My favorite. And really, so much safer than the "smash the baby" hugs she normally gives.



 And big sister, Josie, spent lots of time in her tutu. I mean, literally. Every day. Even...while...sleeping. I mean, some battles are just not worth fighting. Plus, she's just so darn cute in it. She says, "I wanna be a princess", which means she wants to wear her tutu. Every day.


Dear sweet baby Hank, you have given us so many wonderful memories over the past month. You are a perfect addition to our family. And although we've only known you for a month now, it doesn't seem that way. I feel like you have always been a part of our family and I guess in some ways, you have. :-) 

1 comment:

jdavissquared said...

This is the sweetest post! What a darling little family!