Monday, January 3, 2011

My Favorite Things

Top 10 Countdown of Christmas 2010:

10. Bundling Josie up so tightly that she could barely sit up...like that kid from "A Christmas Story" -- but cuter.


9. Reading Christmas books with Josie (to say reading books is her favorite is an understatement) and 8. Seeing Josie in Christmas jammies. Especially when they are just a bit too tight.


7. Event night with the family. I love that my mom likes to give "events" for Christmas. This year, a white limo picked us up (6. kid free of course -- that's a gift in and of itself!) and took us down to the plaza for a movie and an evening of all you can eat Brazillian meat at Fogo de Chao. Seriously, I'm still full and it was a month ago.


5. Seeing Josie with Santa. I halfway feel bad saying this, but it was quite hilarious. Josie LOST it. Out of control. So upset. I should have expected it, but I was taken by surprise. Oh little one. It was cute, funny and yet a little frustrating all at the same time. Maybe next year.


4. Watching Josie with her cousins. Miles, Max, Luke, Emri, Ava and Claire. She's one lucky girl. 3. I love Christmas because it's guaranteed time with family. I love Chrismtas because of the tradition, the concept of the God of the universe arriving to earth as a tiny baby (which meant even more to me once I took care of an infant myself), and as I mentioned, I love Christmas because it's guaranteed time with family. Easter is amazing and we would have no hope if it weren't for the cross...but there's just something about Christmas. When it all got started. I digress, back to the countdown. COUSINS!!



2. I love that Josie's favorite gift was a box of brightly colored socks all lined up in a row. She loved it. Absolutely loved it. Would have played with them all day. Take them out, one at a time. Put them back in, one at a time...on and on...


1. And of one of my favorite things of Christmas...while daddy played guitar and we sang Christmas carols, Josie took stage right with the bells. In her mouth. Shaking her head every once in awhile, but keeping beat nonetheless. Love that little girl.

1 comment:

i'm here said...

i love seeing josie in that coat and hat. i love her. i love her. i love her.