Tuesday, October 26, 2010

She's ONE!!

I have a sweet, darling little one year old. I can't believe it. Josie turned one October 15th and we had so much fun celebrating. Kind of like how I've always wanted to celebrate MY birthday for an entire week (it's true), I wanted to celebrate Josie's birthday throughout the ENTIRE month of October. Just to prove that's true, come over to our house. Almost two weeks later, we still have some party decorations up.

I've learned several lessons (millions, really) throughout my single year as a parent so far. One of them being...no future child of mine will ever receive shots on their birthday. Where was my brain the day we scheduled this appointment? Who knows. Although she's never had an adverse reaction to her shots in the past, her 12 month shots (including her vaccination) really knocked her flat on her rear end. So, on her very first offical birthday, she was a glossy-eyed, clingy (which of course I didn't mind that one; I love when she snuggles me), super hot to the touch, not wanting to eat a thing, little bug. Ladybug, that is. Lesson learned.

So here are a few highlights from her actual birthday (the day before the party). We had lunch at Ingrediant with the grandmas, Kerri and Emri. My mom brought mini cupcakes, which Josie devoured. That's my girl. :-)




Please, please, please note the tiny, little gold ring on Josie's pinkie finger. Not only was this a precious gift from my mom because it was MY ring when I was a baby, but I love that Josie is wearing this ring on her pinkie. I just feel like she should have on tons of make-up, a fur coat and be saying something like "daaawwwling" (and at the same time, trying to get me to buy some of her black market gold jewelry). What a fancy little chubby finger! :-)

No comments: