Thursday, October 14, 2010

Birthday Eve

On the eve of Josie's first birthday, I'm thinking back to this night last year. After writing an eviction notice (Josie was 6 days overdue and was finally going to be evicted from her warm, snuggly home in my belly) on our dry erase board, Todd and spent our last evening together as couple without kids. I knew we were going to meet Josie (although at the time, we were still deciding between Jane Elizabeth and Josie Lynn) the next day and I could barely get myself to fall asleep that night. It was like Christmas Eve. The BEST Christmas Eve I've ever had. :-)

So this is us the next morning...



And 12 short hours after arriving to the hospital, our sweet little Josie made her debut to the world.


Nothing changes your world like having a baby.


On this day last year, I knew my life would never be the same. But at the same time, I really had no idea what I was about to experience. I had no idea that I'd love, worry, obsess over, snuggle, want to pinch and squeeze, sometimes get frustrated with and adore more than I do this little girl. I'm in love.

1 comment:

jdavissquared said...

this is so sweet! Gosh, it's already been a year?

Happy Birthday sweet little Josie!

It's so awesome to see people you grew up with having families of their own. Makes me so happy!

I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend of celebrating that darling little girl!