Monday, August 16, 2010

My Summer Vacation by Josie Heitshusen

My mom and dad took me to Colorado this summer. It was my first trip to the mountains and the longest road trip I've ever been on. I was pretty awesome in the car on the way there, but I was sure to make up for the good behavior by waking up throughout the night demanding food once we got there. Hee hee.


I loved riding the gondola up the mountain in Vail, although I'm pretty sure it terrified my mom. So what? There's a lightning storm and the gondola cart is rocking a little bit more than necessary, big deal.


I loved riding bikes with mom and dad, although I pretended to hate it once we were nearly 5 miles from the house. I started screaming and acting like I was hungry or tired, but really it was super cool. I love to get a rise out of my parents.


I loved watching the burrow races. I guess they have a 30 mile race where you have to run the whole distance with a donkey. It sounds kind of weird, but the donkeys looked like they were having fun. My favorite part were the cheerios I got to eat while waiting for the winners to cross the finish line.


I loved being with the my cousins. Miles is a good reader, but seriously, I have that book memorized and can really read it by myself, thank you.


I loved hiking on dad's back.


I loved riding in the burley.


And I really loved watching mom pan for gold with Miles and Max, although she became a little obsessive and we had to practically drag her away from the gold panning station.


What a super fun trip that I'll never forget. And those are all the things I loved about my summer vacation in Colorado.

4 comments:

jdavissquared said...

what a fun trip! {the gondola would scare me too!}

Katie said...

You crack me up. Josie should get an "A" on her first school report:)

jdavissquared said...

You should totally make a display for your teacups and saucers...that would be way cute!

Susie Ellsworth said...

I love this post. The pics are great, too! So glad you're taking so many photos. Now don't skimp on your future kiddos now, ya hear?