Monday, May 3, 2010

Deep in the Heart of Texas

We went to Austin this weekend for the absolutely gorgeous wedding of one of my very favorite and best friends, Caroline. The wedding was outside at an art gallery, which was located right on the lake. Have you seen a more gorgeous bride?




Here are the young parents on their very first trip without their little girl. Todd and I left Josie with my parents in KC with a few tears (all from me, none from Josie). But Todd did a nice job of distracting me with an idea to get a latte from Starbucks, which immediately put a smile on my face. Apparently I'm as easy to distract as Josie is when I offer her a new toy in replace of my cell phone.


And of course, mom and dad couldn't come home without bringing Josie a little something from Texas. I mean, have you seen anything cuter than a denim purse with a little horsie inside? It's even more adorable when you squeeze the horse and hear him gallop and neigh, which is way better than my impression when we sing "Old McDonald Had a Farm". She's already holding her purse like a real shopper. Mama taught her well. :-)



2 comments:

KatieC said...

Love the pictures - they look so profesh!

And I am still regretting not purchasing the horsie purse for Connor...

You have gotten me back on the blogging scene - I feel hip happenin again.

jdavissquared said...

awe, Congrats Caroline! She is most definitely a beautiful bride! ;)