Saturday, December 12, 2009

Choppin' down our tree

We went to Bishop Tree Farm last Saturday to pick out and cut down our Christmas tree. After searching the farm (literally to the far corners of the farm!), we found our tree. Isn't she a beauty? I felt the heavens part and heard the angels sing when we spotted her.


This picture was taken to document the darling ruffles on Josie's Christmas outfit. I mean, there are few things more darling than ruffles on a baby's bottom.


Our first family trip to the tree farm. There was a family of 7 sipping on hot chocolate in the cottage when we arrived back from cutting down our tree. I chatted with the mom briefly and she told me how their family has taken a picture in front of this fireplace every year for the past 10 years. Of course I teared up, because everything makes me emotional, and after the family set off to pick out their 11th Bishop Farm tree, we snapped this picture.


I wanted to highlight my stud husband for chopping down our tree in reportedly record time. He's so cute.


And of course, Todd couldn't leave the tree farm without playing some type of war game by himself, using the measuring rod as his weapon.


Of course, we planned this trip as something special to do with our growing family and as always, Josie loved it so much that she slept right through it. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE TRADITIONS. YOU'RE AWESOME. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN & MEET JOSIE & ALL HER GIRLY RUFFLES:)
Ondee