Sunday, October 18, 2009

She's Here!!!

On Thursday, October 15th, we welcomed a new little addition to our family. Josie Lynn arrived at 6:24 PM. She weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces and was 19 inches long. What a big girl! I may be a little partial, but I think she is perfect. :-)


After a somewhat traumatic first bath (so I heard from Todd who got to see it first hand - I guess Josie wasn't a big fan of getting clean at the moment), she got to relax under the warmer in the nursery with a very stylish knit beanie, compliments of Shawnee Mission Medical Center.


We stayed in the hospital Thursday and Friday and then once cleared by the doctors, we got to go home on Saturday afternoon. Mom and Josie are doing really well. Todd was the greatest labor coach a woman could ask for. He helped to make the day run really smoothly. Also, our family was a huge support. We were so lucky to have friends and family visit at the hospital - thank you!! It was so fun to introduce Josie to everyone and I can't wait for her to continue to meet our friends and family now that she is settling into her new home.


More pictures and updates to come!!!

4 comments:

jdavissquared said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

She is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad everything went well, and can't wait to watch her grow up!

Unknown said...

just beautiful! and your blog is loads of fun and cuteness..

~kendrall & madi

vwiese said...

she is perfect. I can't wait to meet her!!! hey, when you get a minute, will you shoot me an email & let me know a good time to drop off a meal? Love you all and CONGRATS!!

The_Wilsons said...

I think she looks like you and your Mom, Rebekah! Thanks for the update. See you soon.

Kyran