Wednesday, May 23, 2012

thank you

Josie, Hank (and Daddy, too), thank you for a sweet Mother's Day. 
A homemade card (I love the concentration, baby girl) that daddy showed you how to make. 
And if you've ever received a handmade card from my darling husband, 
you know exactly what I mean. 



Who cares if you're running late to church?
 When your two-year-old SWEETLY asks you to paint her finger nails, 
there's always time for a little impromptu pampering. 



We ended up not being late at all and had time for a few 
sweet smiles and kisses before leaving for church.



Brunch, playing in the sprinkler, nap, out to eat for dinner and 
then cake and ice cream to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. 
Kind of the perfect day.



Josie and Hank, you made Mother's Day perfect for me. 
Not perfect in the sense that everything ran smoothly, 
but perfect in the sense that I got to spend the day with you two.
Motherhood isn't anything that I had expected, 
but it is already everything I had hoped for.
And it's all because of you, my darling little stinkers, I mean, angels. :-)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Rebekah, I love your blog. You are such a good mommy and have an adorable family. Hope to meet little Hank soon!
Love, Caroline